Sunday, September 18, 2011

Learning About Me

It's nearly three weeks into the new school year already and I'm learning more and more about me.

I can pick the way I say good morning – like a skunk,

…or I can pick "underwater" and say good morning like Spongebob Squarepants.




I learn how to say (and sign) that the sun is yellow today.


…and I learn from the iPad that we're having chicken nuggets for lunch.






During snack time, I can't say or sign "goldfish" yet, but I can "touch" it to my teacher.

After I find my name, I can pick a sticker to wear.







I also learned about something called feelings – that there are words about the way I feel, words like happy - sad - mad - excited - scared - silly.

This is what happy looks like.








I learned songs by picking them from the iPad screen. Today we sang "Icky Sticky Bubble Gum."


And then Miss Paula taught me how to play her big drum.




After that, she taught my friends how to play the drum together as a team. Then Miss White showed us – one at a time – how to walk across white paper with paint on our bare feet. I think she wanted us to leave our footprints for posterity. Unfortunately, I was "de-painted" just before I could leave my footprints on my clothes, in my hair, or anywhere else.

I think we make one HECK of a team!
This is what we sound like…and LOOK like!



So that's what I (we) learned this week. What did YOU learn?

________________________________________
Announcements (Thanks Debbie):
________________________________________
Imagine having to reuse soiled diapers!
1 in 20 American moms struggling with diaper needs have cleaned out and reused wet or soiled diapers. You can help prevent that by donating your Rewards Points to Every Little Bottom. For every 2 points you contribute, HUGGIES® Brand will donate one diaper to their community partner, Feeding America. For a simple donation of 16 Rewards Points, you can diaper a baby in need for a day.
________________________________________
Open a world of reading at home!
Scholastic Book Clubs is teaming up with Kellogg's to highlight the importance of reading every day. With the purchase of any two specially marked Kellogg's packages from Walmart stores this fall, you'll receive an offer for a $5 Book Coupon from Scholastic Book Clubs. The coupons can be redeemed at checkout or submitted with your order, just like any other Scholastic Book Clubs coupon.
________________________________________
Turn labels into cash!
Frankie Lemmon School is excited about partnering with Tyson products to earn money for the school. Clip Tyson Project A Plus section on Tyson bags and boxes, (please see examples below), and turn into the school office. Each clipping redeemed is worth 24 cents. Thanks to everyone for your continued support. Learn more on Parents' Night, October 4.

No comments: