Saturday, July 28, 2012

Surfer Story


Today we started with songs about silly pirates and jumping fish.



When we sang, I saw a surfer.
The surfer was all grown up.
He was riding a wave like this.



Until today, I didn't think I could surf.






But today I surfed.













The surfer was me!

Only a short time ago I couldn't chew food.
But my parents opened the door to therapy – and I learned how.



Only a short time ago I couldn't communicate.
But my teachers opened the door to the joy of learning.





Only a short time ago I couldn't surf.
But Miss Paula opened the door to the world of imagination.

Through those doors I learned what it is to dream.
And I heard about another boy – another dreamer.

A boy named Clay Marzo dreamed.
And he became the world's best surfer.

Oh yes – along with being the world's best surfer, Clay Marzo also has Aspberger’s.

They made a movie about him. It's called "Just Add Water".
It's a surf film unlike any you've ever seen.

See for yourself. Here's the trailer. It's 3 1/2 minutes long


Here's the whole movie. It's 48 minutes long.


"He's not a great surfer in spite of his medical condition, but because of it." - Lisa Salters - ESPN

No comments: